Topics

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Need for more study

From the beginning I knew I had a lot of research to do. So I grabbed all the photographic images of the Earth I could find from Google image search, and bought a whole bunch of Blu-ray documentaries plus some large format books about the Earth, clouds and the weather. I also collected a number of other Earth and CG Earth related videos from YouTube.

Here's a list of my Blu-ray videos:

  Planet Earth (BBC Video) <- Highly recommended, some of the best CG Earths ever IMHO
  Earth the Biography (BBC Video)
  The Universe (History Channel)
  How the Earth was Made (History Channel) <- Lots of CG of pre-historic Earth
  Blue Planet (IMAX)
  Water Life / Planet Water
  Solar Max

OK, so I spent a fair bit of money on research, but the knowledge was worth it and the documentaries were all fascinating. A lot of similar stuff are actually on YouTube for free. What I learnt was that I really knew very little, and it wasn't going to be an easy task ahead since the real Earth is a living and complex entity ^_^;;

I needed to draw a line and define how far I wanted to take my CG Earth, as there was no way on Earth I could hope to capture a lot of little details with my current knowledge, skills and resources...

No comments:

Post a Comment